Thursday 24 May 2007,23:54
Introduction
Hello,
I just joined this group today...thanks for the invitation! I have been reading you all for a while and enjoying every post. What talent you all have! You all do beautiful work.
Just to let you know about me, I have been stitching for about 25 years, although at 7, I embroidered my first dish towel. Complete with knots on the back using 6 plys of floss! I still have it and it reminds me that even at an early age, I knew what was fun! I am self taught but have attended a couple Sampler Gatherings and CATs over the years. I am a speech language pathologist, married with 2 children (DD#1:24 years , DD#2:16 years old. ) married to the best guy in the world.
We live in my family's farmhouse on the MD /PA line that has been in my family since 1899. It was built pre civil war, and of course, always in a state of "repair". This month, we are actually painting rather than fixing something costly!
I also rug hook and quilt. I have about a zillion WIPs between the three hobbies...so if anyone wants to come and play in my stash (es), you are more than welcome.
My camera cord is missing, so it is impossible to post pictures, but when I find it I will post my sampler walls. I have several "vintage" samplers from my family, nothing of real value, yet, just to me. I have them all mixed in together in the dining room and family room. If and when I get all my WIPs finished, I might not have enough wall space! Really.
I plan to SAL with the BP Quaker sampler. I ordered the pattern last week and have the linen ready to go. I just have to decide what color to use. I always tend to use blue, but I am going to think very similar to the pattern. It will be fun to see everyone's progress (when mine is not!) I work full time so stitching/quilting time is precious and find very little of it.
Nice to meet all of you.

Labels: ,

 
posted by quakered samplerknn | quaker link |


1 Comments:


  • At 26 May 2007 at 06:32, Blogger Ruth

    Welcome Karen! I can't wait to see if you add just a little blue to Beatrix to make you feel more at home while stitching :)